The Men's Grooming Trend Continues to Grow
According to a recent Men's Grooming study conducted by The NPD Group, Inc., 9 in 10 men (ages 18 and up) use some type of grooming product, including facial and body skincare, shaving, haircare, and fragrance. The study also showed that although only one quarter of men use facial skincare products like facial cleansers, moisturizers, lip and eye products, the men’s facial skincare market has grown to 11 percent in dollar sales in 2011, compared to 2010. This means that men love skincare, too! Here are a few products that are designed to address the needs of men's skin:
1. Phytomer Homme Global Pur Detoxifying Cleansing Gel adapts to the specific needs of men and offers an easy, effective, natural deep cleansing solution. This ultra-fresh gel gently cleans, revives, and removes impurities from the surface of the skin. www.phytomerusa.com
2. Woody’s Hair and Body Wash contains a combination of naturally-derived ingredients to create a rich lather on the body, leaving skin feeling smooth and refreshed. It also helps hair shine with powerful extracts and herbs that moisturize and cleanse. www.woodysgrooming.com
3. DIRT for Men Recharge PM is a vitamin-A based product that helps recharge skin overnight. It addresses the cell damage caused by the elements. www.dirtformen.com
4. Hey Dude Skin Care Aftershave Gel is infused with powerful antioxidants and moisturizers, and a Desert Dude Complex, which is a unique combination of hydrating plant extracts that mimic the intense moisture-retaining effects of desert plants. This gel helps prevent razor bumps, ingrown hairs, and oily breakouts. www.heydudeskincare.com
5. êShave White Tea Shave Cream is newly reformulated and contains super-concentrated rich, natural botanicals, including lemon, orange, peppermint, and tarragon. The formula helps fight bacteria and prevents the formation of ingrown hairs as it promotes healthy, clear skin. www.eshave.com
Be sure to check out the Spotlight section in the March issue of American Spa for more men's products.