Top Accupressure Mats Reviewed
Whether you’re just looking for a massage or you believe that pressure points in the body link to different parts of your health, an acupressure mat is a great item to have at home.
It’s the perfect thing to add to your meditation space or keep on hand for any time when you might want to relax. Designed with tiny spikes that are intended to stimulate pressure points in your back and neck, acupressure mats help to release endorphins and can help to promote better wellness and health.
Some people find that using one can improve their sleep or help them manage pain, as well as help them meditate.
When you’re looking for an acupressure mat, you should consider the quality, comfort and the cost. You might also want to think about how easily it can be cleaned, especially if an acupressure mat is something you’re thinking of using during or after a workout.
Size is also important, and you should also check whether or not the mat comes with a pillow so that you have support for your head and neck if you need it. Some mats will also provide statistics from studies that show how effective they might be at providing certain benefits.
Accupressure Mat Comparison Chart
We go over each of the products in our roundup of the top accupressure mats in detail below, but for those in a hurry here is a quick comparison of the models we looked at:
Best Accupressure Mats
If you’re looking for the perfect acupressure mat, here are some top suggestions to help you choose the best one.
The mat has more than 6,200 tiny pressure points to help stimulate blood flow, among other benefits, while the pillow has over 1,700. The mat and pillow are separate items, so you can use them however you like, whether you use them separately or together.
You can attach the pillow to the top of the mat if you want to use both items at the same time. The mat measures 16″ x 26″ and the pillow is the same width as the mat. It’s large enough for your head, shoulders and torso.
You can wash the mat by hand with a damp cloth or sponge after removing the foam insert. The material is cotton, with plastic acupressure spikes, making it simple to care for. It comes with a carry bag that features handles for easy carrying, so you can take it to the gym or even the office, as well as neatly put it away when you’re not using it. You can use it lying on the floor, but many people choose to have the mat under them when they’re sleeping too. The harder the surface under the mat, the more pressure you will get it from. While the mat isn’t large enough for your whole body at once, you can use it on different parts of your body with ease.
- IMMEDIATE back and neck pain relief in the comfort of your home in as little as 20 minutes per day
- ELIMINATES the need for expensive treatments as well as therapist, masseuse and chiropractor visits
- EFFECTIVELY induces a state of complete relaxation while reducing aches, pain, stress and tension
- RELIEVES not only back, neck, shoulder and sciatic pain whether mild or chronic but also relieves headaches
- OTHER BENEFITS include improved sleep, circulation, and mood as well an increase in energy levels. This item is backed by a lifetime money back guarantee
This organic mat is made with sustainable coconut fiber filling, as well as organic cotton and linen blend fabric and medical grade HIPS plastic. It’s non-toxic and ethically made and has been designed in Australia to deliver an excellent experience. A tree is even planted for every mat that is sold.
This mat comes with a handy carry tote bag with handles, so you can pack it up to take to the gym, your yoga class or your next relaxing trip away from home.
This mat doesn’t come with a pillow, although a matching pillow is available to purchase if you want one. As with some other mats, you can care for this one by removing the filling and hand washing the exterior cover.
You can choose from pink, black or natural colors to get the look that you want. This sturdy mat holds its shape and is easy to move around so you can use it anywhere and for a range of purposes. It’s a durable option made from natural materials that should last for a long time.
The lotus-shaped clusters of spikes on this mat are designed to give you an even massage. If you’re looking for an eco-friendly option, you’ll also be happy to know that this mat avoids excessive packaging, sticking with the free carry bag instead.
- ✔LOOK, FEEL YOUNGER AND HEALTHIER FOR LONGER: Ajnamat is a Doctor recommended acupressure mat that melts away pain and tension in a completely natural and drug free manner. Over 5000 ergonomically engineered spikes activate your body’s innate healing response and unblock stagnant energy pathways, ultimately leaving you feeling fantastic!
- ✔REDUCE STRESS AND FEEL MORE RELAXED EVERY DAY: Simply lie on your acupressure spike mat for a relaxing, therapeutic massage that will stimulate the release of endorphins, and lull you to sleep. Ajnamat utilizes your own body weight to increase blood flow and dig deep into the belly of your muscles, giving you that professional massage feeling at home.
- ✔SAY GOODBYE TO BACK PAIN AND MUSCLE TENSION: With Ajnamat you can experience less anxiety and stress in a matter of minutes. Incorporate into your day as you work, meditate, or practice yoga. The back pressure spike mat also helps with a host of physical problems such as stiff neck, upper and lower back pain, tension headaches, sciatica, and fibromyalgia. What’s more you’ll wake up feeling refreshed and energized.
- ✔BE GOOD TO YOUR BODY AND MOTHER EARTH: We know that our customers are conscious of their health, and just as concerned about their environmental footprint. We’ve done away with excessive packaging, providing you with an eco-friendly, sustainable, and Earth friendly choice that’s dye, toxin, and foam free! Feel good about your acupressure mat inside and out.
- ✔HELPS PROMOTE WEIGHT LOSS AND INCREASES YOUR HAPPY STATE: Take advantage of increased circulation, which improves lymphatic drainage. Ajnamat provides gentle pressure which helps to rid the body of toxins that cause cellulite. This relaxing yet precise mat can even be used to rejuvenate your skin’s elasticity and youthfulness. Your mat is built to last for years to come and we expect it to! As always we are here to rectify any issues so you can continue to pursue your journey.
Spoonk is the brand that you’re likely to find offline if you’re looking for an acupressure mat, and is sold in health stores. It’s made in the USA and has 6,200 stimulation points, which they say is the optimal number to have.
You get a five-year warranty on this mat so you can feel confident that it’s going to last a long time. There’s also a 30-day money back guarantee from the manufacturer, allowing you to return it if it’s not right for you.
The stimulation points are made from non-toxic ABS plastic to offer a safe material, especially for more sensitive skin. The mat comes with a carry bag with a strap so you can take it to the gym or elsewhere, or just store it somewhere compact. The mat measures 15″ x 36″ and it easily rolls up into the travel bag when you want to put it away. As a leading brand, it’s a popular choice but it won’t let you down if you have high expectations. It’s a quality choice with a good warranty so you know you can rely on it. Spoonk also has a pillow available if you want to buy one to go with the mat.
This mat is recommended by some big names and easily available. It’s a tried and trusted option if you want an acupressure mat.
- Lie down on your back against the Spoonk mat in your bed. We recommend direct skin contact with the mat for 20-40 minutes for the best effect
- The initially strong sensation of the stimulation spikes will subside after 1-2 minutes as relaxation spreads throughout the body, reducing stiffness and pain
- Once you reach a deeper level or relaxation you are ready to remove the mat and go to sleep. Relaxation before sleep is crucial to achieve deeper and sounder sleep
- Instead of the snooze button, try lying on the Spoonk mat for 10 minutes in the morning
- Spoonk products are produced with the highest environmental criteria in mind and are made with all natural materials.
If you’re looking for something larger, this mat could be the right one for you. The pillow measures approximately 16″ x 6″ x 4″, offering more support for your head and neck and pairing perfectly with the mat.
Although it’s larger, it’s still easy to carry around thanks to the carry bag that comes with it. You can roll the mat and put the pillow in the center to carry both items at once. You can choose this mat in black, green or purple.
The HemingWeigh mat is one of the most reviewed acupressure mats out there, partly because it’s also one of the most affordable options. It’s good quality too, so saving some money doesn’t mean that you have to compromise too much on the experience that you receive. The quality is equal to and even better than some more expensive products, so it offers a great choice for anyone who’s on a budget. The design is very similar to some other models too, giving you a mat that’s largely the same. The color options mean you have several choices and the addition of the pillow makes it an even better deal.
- ROLL OUT THE REMEDY - HemingWeigh Acupressure mat is the non invasive alternative to acupuncture & reflexology. HemingWeigh acupressure mats use manual pressure to stimulate and massage your pressure points to provide you with relief from back pain, tension, stiffness, stress, insomnia, fatigue and many other conditions. Ditch your synthetic painkillers and roll out the natural remedy, the "bed of needles,” in the comfort of your home!
- HAPPINESS IN THE STATE OF MAT - Acupressure points on the HemingWeigh Acupressure Mat and pillow stimulate the production of endorphins, also known as happy hormones, which act as the body's natural painkillers. Endorphins help to reduce pain by blocking the pain signals from reaching the brain. The feeling of euphoria is also attributed to endorphins. So step on or lie down for a soothing, relaxing, and energizing sensation; relaxing your body, relaxing your mind.
- STRONG & DURABLE FOR LONG TERM USE - HemingWeigh Acupressure wellness Mat measures 29 x 17 x 1 inches, large enough to cover the length of your back. Our acupressure mat and pillow set is made from top quality materials, is manufactured without any glue, and features a total of 8,820 "needles" to help relax your back, neck, shoulders, and legs. The massage pillow is a neck pain reliever, and reduces the frequency and intensity of migraines and chronic headaches.
- TREAT YOURSELF, MANAGE YOUR OWN THERAPY - Take control over your treatment by deciding when and where you wish to treat yourself to the HemingWeigh Acupressure mat. Lie down for a therapeutic massager, before going to bed for a deep, restful, sleep, and for a positive energy boost to keep you going at your optimal energy level. The carry bag enables you to take me along wherever you go. We make life feel better.
- ALL COMFORTABLY SET - This comfort, pain relieving acupressure set includes: 1 acupressure mat, 1 acupressure pillow and 1 carry bag. Hemingweigh, making life comfortably ever after. Your satisfaction is our guarantee. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our customer service agents who will be glad to assist you.
The Bed of Nails mat has a lot more pressure spikes than many other mats, which is a definite benefit for anyone that wants as many as possible. It might not be the right choice for everyone, especially if you’ve never used an acupressure mat before. But if you have previous experience using an acupressure mat or you’re ready to dive in and start using one, this large option with plenty of spikes is a good choice.
- AFFORDABLE ACUPRESSURE MAT: Effective and affordable treatment for back pain, neck pain, arthritis aches and pains, insomnia and more!
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN: BON’s modern design allows the mat to trigger the body’s self-healing mechanisms for radiant health.
- CONVENIENT PACKAGING: Allowing you to experience the health and meditation benefits of acupressure anywhere.
- PROVIDES LASTING EFFECTS: BON’s mat lowers the “stress hormone” cortisol while releasing endorphins (or “feel good hormones”), creating an overall more positive and relaxed state of mind that lasts throughout your day.
- EASY TO CLEAN AND MAINTAIN: BON’s sleek and effortless design makes cleaning easy! Simply brush with detergent, rinse and hang dry.
Accupressure Mat Video
Here is a YouTube video demonstrating various ways to use an accupressure mat:
An acupressure mat is a good item to add to your home comforts and wellness items. If you’re looking for something that can help you relax while also stimulating your circulation and pressure points in your body, one of the recommended acupressure mats above can deliver. Using an acupressure mat for just a few minutes a day can have a range of health benefits for you, and you could need as little as ten minutes a day. Some people say that acupressure mats help them to relax, while others say that it gives them energy when they use one.
Last Updated on