Top Foot Spa Reviewed
There are few things better after a long day than sitting back and pampering yourself. And if you spend a lot of your time on your feet during the day, then they will need special attention.
For others who suffer from chronic foot pain it isn’t about pampering – their goal is to relieve frequent or constant foot pain.
Whatever the reason for sore feet, a spa treatment especially for your feet is a great way to give your sore arches the attention, heat, and massage that they need to really ease that pain.
Since visiting a spa, health club, or massage therapist regularly can be expensive and impractical, a foot spa appliance might be a lot more cost-effective. The good news is a quality foot bath can be just as effective as those other options.
We took a look at the better foot spas available, to help you find the one that can really offer you the relief you’re after.
Foot Spa Comparison Table
We go over each of the units in our roundup of top foot baths in detail below, but for those in a hurry here is a quick comparison of the models we looked at:
What Makes A Good Foot Spa?
Those already aware of what a foot spa (also known as a heated foot bath) is might wonder how much difference there might be between products. They’re all simple plastic tubs that heat water and use bubbles and massage rollers to provide some tension relief, right?
However, there are several features that separate the basic from the best, or otherwise make using them a lot more convenient. Here a few features worth keeping an eye out for:
- Massage Functions: The most basic of foot baths will provide just that: a place to bathe your feet in the water as it heats up. Heat can be enough to relieve tension for others, while more sophisticated devices use vibrating massage rollers, bubbles and water jets to offer even more.
- Programming Ease: These are features of the best foot baths that allow you to alter several settings, like massage rhythm, jet settings, percussion levels, vibration intensity and more. Some devices allow you to quickly set programming profiles as favorites as well.
- Display: Some devices make their options easier to find by having readily understandable and legible settings, while others can be a little harder to decipher. Your choice of temperature settings in F and C can make it easier to see what temperature works best for you, too.
- Convenience: How easy is it to drain the tub and fill it up? Is there are any spillage or too much noise? Some foot soakers have features to help fill up the tub themselves rather than having to do it yourself.
- Comfort: Lastly, how comfortable is the basin itself? Will it irritate your feet and is it sturdy enough for frequent use?
Best Foot Spa
The features above are going to be primarily what we look at in our reviews and should make it easier for you to spot the best of the best if you do any of your own research. With that in mind, let’s look at which products are contenders for the best foot bath massager.
The Fahrenheit temperature display and settings are very welcome, a feature missing in other spas of a similar price that allows you to find your perfect heat treatment, so you can set it and forget it. The essential oil infusion add-on is great for those who have their own stock of soothing products that can take the experience to the next level, as well. It’s an incredibly easy-to-use device and has one benefit missing from some of the others in that it’s quiet. All those rollers, jets, and bubbles can make a lot of noise in more basic foot spas, but the Ivation makes it even easier to it back and simply relax.
- RELIEVE SORE, WORNOUT FEET – Multifunction Massaging Foot Spa Comforts Achy Heels, Toes, Arches & Ankles; Ideal for Athletes & People Who Work on Their Feet
- INTENSE VIBRATING MASSAGE – Invigorating Vibration Encourages Circulation & Soothes Weary Feet; Activate Motorized Rollers to Target Tense & Tired Soles
- OXYGENATING BUBBLE ACTION – Multiple Water Jets Create Thousands of Calming Bubbles to Relieve Pressure & Pain; Add Essential Oil for Aromatherapy
- THE HEALING POWER OF HEAT – Water Warms Up to 122° F for Relaxing Spa Experience; Control Temperature to Help Swelling, Throbbing, Redness & More
- ADVANCED LED DISPLAY – Sophisticated System Features Timer & Multifunction Selection; Includes Free Brush & Acupressure Pedicure Attachments
If there is one feature that’s a little lacking, it’s the programming function that other devices, even less expensive ones, offer. The SMART heat function does well enough at keeping hot water already hot but takes some time to get cool water to a comfortable temperature. The rest of the features are turned on with a single, large button on the top of the device. While not as variable as we might like, it’s at least waterproof so you can easily tap it with your foot without worrying about getting the settings wet. Extremely comfortable if not a little feature lacking, this a great device for those who want no-fuss, quick relief.
- Soothing Massage, bubbles, and smart heat for spa oasis
- Removable pumice stone softens heels
- Rolling massager renews and revives tired feet
- SMART Heat system keeps water warm for soothing relief (fill unit with warm water)
- Includes 5 Piece Pedicure Set for Beautiful feet
One of the features that might have made this foot bath more competitive is the essential oil/herbal infuser option available in others. As it stands, it recommends using water only which still might not be a deal breaker for everyone. On the other hand, there are plenty of convenience features that we did like, including the basket handle for easier carrying and the sealing cover that keeps it from getting too hot when you’re not currently using it. A great, sturdy, comfortable and deep foot spa that offers almost every feature you could want.
- AUTOMATIC INFRARED HEATING AND INSULATION: the highest temperature of it is 50. It's designed with the overheating protection system,it can infrared heat and insulate automatically,which is safe and thoughtful.
- FOUR ROLLER MASSAGE with AIR BUBBLE OXYGEN ADDING: four massage rollers roll the whole foot bones with air bubble oxygen adding,which effectively promotes blood circulation, improves metabolism, relieves fatigue, and smooths the meridians.
- SMART and EASY: it is designed with a sealing cover and non-slip mats. Upon the cover with the LED digital screen & intelligent button,just one key to start, very easy to operate and control.
- FASHION DESIGN with ATTRACTIVE OUTLOOK: it is designed with basket handle,which is for easy carrying and you can also move it easily with the universal caster,that is convenient and easy for using
- All-in-one: Heating therapy, oxygen bubbles massage, high-frequency vibration massage. It is not only the body made of high-quality plastic,high temperature resistance and aging resistance,but also beautiful and elegant. Good for personal use and as gifts for others.
The programming and display features are convenient, too, with a timer allowing you to adjust the length of your treatment as long as you like while a blue light/red light display and temperature monitor (displayed in Celsius) make adjusting the heat much easier. However, if it’s missing one thing, it’s the ability to program temperature directly. As it stands, you have to turn the heating on when you want it hotter and turn it off when you want it cooler, which might mean frequent fiddling with features to get it just right.
That’s as inconvenient as the device gets, however. There are wheels to make it much more mobile (especially when full with water) as well as splash covers that stop it from making a mess even on the most intense settings. For the price, it’s easy to recommend.
- All-in-one: rolling massage with two removable massage rollers, heating therapy, oxygen bubbles massage and high frequency vibration massage, and digital temperature and time control. LED display. Whole machine with ETL certificate. With electric leakage protection - Safest foot spa. Big enough for both women and men.
- You can adjust temperature from 20 °C to 48 °C. With temperature indicator-- blue light when below 42 °C; red light when higher than 42 °C. It effectively promotes blood circulation, improves metabolism, relieves fatigue, and smoothens the meridians (Qi system).
- Uses quality PTC heating semiconductor-- speed heating, maintaining a constant temperature, and secure multi-insulation protection. Safe and secure double overheating protection.
- You can set heat, bubble , HF vibration as you like. With anti-splash cover and removable herbal diffuser.
- Self-drainage. Body made of high-quality plastic -- high temperature resistance and aging resistance. Beautiful and elegant. Good for personal use and as gifts for others. 110V, 60HZ, 460 watts, UL listed. Product size: 18.9"(L) x 15.2"(W) x 12.8"(H). Weight: 8 lbs.
For those looking for cost-effective relief for foot pain and swelling, it more than does the trick. It’s a simple, no-fuss device that’s comfortable. The internal heater is fast working, so you don’t have to wait too long for that relief, either. If there is a downside, it’s the lack of any display features to show you your exact settings so you might take some time finding your favorite mode every time you use it. That said, for the price, the powerful rollers and quick heating make it a worthwhile purchase for those looking to stick to a budget and don’t need anything fancy.
- Daily Essential Have: Foot spa machines or foot baths have shown many benefits for feet health. Include blood circulation improvement, stress relief, feet and body relaxation, feet pain relief and sleep enhancement through relaxation.
- Simple Efficient Design: The all-in-one foot spa massager is a great comprehensive machine. It offers LED display with temperature setting timer function, Manual rolling massage wheels, and red light massage.(Attention: No bubble, no automatic massager)
- Easy to Carry: This model comes with carrying handle, so you will be able to carry it around the house with ease. And this unit has an external drain outlet, so you no need to lift it even when you remove the water from the basin.
- Large Capacity: It could hold max. 10L of water. Feet up to men's size 14 can fit in this device but there will not be much room left afterward.
- Note: It takes about 15-20 minutes from cold water Rising from cold water to the specified temperature. Please wait with patience. If the temperature is too high for you, please turn off the power, the temperature will naturally cool. If you add warm water to shorten the heating waiting time, please make sure the temperature not more than 104℉. Otherwise, it will destroy the heating function.
Foot Spa Demonstration Video
Here is a YouTube video demonstrating how a foot spa works:
All of the foot spas recommended here are easily worth the money, depending on what your budget is. Between the All-in-one, the PowMax and the Ivation, it’s hard to name a winner. They’re all a little more cost-effective than Dr. Scholl’s device, however. The Ivation stands out slightly due to the programmable, set-and-forget heating options and the herbal infusion function that lets you take your massage to the next level. If you have sore or swollen calves that could use a little more attention, however, then the PowMax’s deeper bath might offer just what you need.
Last Updated on