Top Handheld Massagers Reviewed
Everyone gets aches and pains as part of their everyday life.
A massage is a great way to deal with them, but not many people have the time or money to see a massage therapist regularly. Perhaps you don’t even like the idea of a stranger giving you a massage.
In the absence of a professional to massage you, a handheld massager is a fantastic tool to have at home. It allows you to give yourself a massage, relieving tense muscles without the need for help from anyone else.
A handheld massager is portable, so you can take it anywhere, and you can choose from a variety of styles and sizes.
When you’re looking for a handheld massager, you might consider a few different things. Firstly, there’s the size of the device. If you’re looking for something that you can carry around, take traveling with you or just store away neatly, you might want something smaller.
There’s also the functionality and the way that the massager operates. Consider things like what settings it has, what motion it uses to massage, and if it has different programs or massaging heads.
Handheld Massager Comparison Table
We go over each of the units in our roundup of the top Handheld Massagers in detail below, but for those in a hurry here is a quick comparison of the models we looked at:
Best Handheld Massager
If you’re looking for the perfect handheld massager, take a look at some of these great models to choose from.
As well as using the powerful percussion to get deep into soft tissue, you can benefit from the micro-vibration motor, which is ideal for a relaxing facial massage.
The massager comes with multiple attachments for a range of functions, and Purewave offers a series of educational videos to help you use it more effectively.
This lightweight, cordless handheld massager is easy to use anywhere and whenever you want. The slight curve in the design makes it simpler to reach those hard to reach places like your back or legs, and every attachment is designed with a different part of your body in mind.
As a cordless massager, it comes with a charger so you can charge it up before use and have it ready to go whenever you need it. The percussion mode has three thread-on attachments and two that slip on, while the vibration mode has just the facial massager.
Some people want to consider the issue of vibration on the hands while using a massager, as it can get uncomfortable. While you can feel a slight vibration with the Purewave Dual Motor, it’s not too strong.
This massager has a 90-day satisfaction guarantee, it’s patented, professional grade and safe for home use, as well as being FDA registered.
- RECOMMENDED BY CHIROPRACTORS, PHYSICAL THERAPISTS & SPORTS TRAINERS
- DUAL MOTOR DESIGN: Powerful Percussion & Micro-vibration Massage Therapy
- PATENTED | MADE IN KOREA | FDA REGISTERED #2349002
- PROFESSIONAL GRADE & SAFE FOR HOME USE
- 90 DAYS SATISFACTION GUARANTEE + FREE RETURNS
If you’re looking for a handland massager with a lot of surface coverage, this massager will help you to get an all-over massage. It has a heavy duty motor and dynamically balanced drive to deliver a consistent and smooth performance. With its 12-foot power cord, you can plug it in almost anywhere and still use it effectively.
As a large massager, it’s ideal for getting deep into the tissue of larger muscles, from your back to your legs.
The Thumper E501 NA Sport Percussive Massager features interchangeable massage spheres, so you can get the massage that you want. The speed settings allow you to choose from 20 to 40 pulses per second and the patented percussive action helps to relieve tension and fatigue in your muscles. The ergonomic handle makes it easier to hold, and it weighs only 3 pounds.
This massager is designed for home use, making it perfect for any casual user who wants the benefit of a massage at home. If you’re looking for something suitable for professional use, you might prefer an alternative massager. However, this is an excellent option for your home and delivers a powerful performance to give you a massage for all of your muscle groups.
- PATENTED - Thumper massager's patented percussive technology transmits energy deep into the muscle tissue where it delivers healing relaxation time after time--relieving muscular tension and fatigue
- PERFORMANCE - This handheld massager was built to perform! Impressively making it easy to reach all muscle groups with its ergonomic handle, you won’t find a better customizable massage
- SPEED CONTROL - The Thumper Sport Massager delivers the right pressure and speed you need, with a versatile 20 to 40 variable pulses per second
- RELAXING - Help those tight muscles relax for optimal health. No other percussive massager can do it better
- INCLUDED - You can have it all in one impressive package: Thumper E501 Sport Percussive Massager and sleek carrying case.
It features ergonomically designed massage spheres that don’t require any additional attachments, and an ergonomic handle makes it easier to reach any part of your body that you want to massage.
Like the Thumper Personal Percussive Massager, the Mini Pro weighs 3lb, but it gives a slightly deeper depth of stroke at 6mm compared to 5mm. Its three speed settings are suitable for both home and professional use, and it has a 12ft cord for easy reach.
This massager is easy to hold and to operate, and you don’t need to use any lotions or oils to make the most of it. Simply apply it directly to the area that you want to massage, whether you’re using it on yourself or helping out a patient or client.
The Mini Pro directs 95% of energy directly into the muscle tissue for a deep massage. It wipes clean for easy care, and it’s a good size to transport if you want to take it anywhere.
The Thumper Mini Pro offers a range of uses, including as a foot massager. Just prop it up and put your feet against it for a relaxing foot massage without the need to ask for help from anyone else.
- Thumper Patented Percussive Action
- New look with sleek new packaging!
- Ideal for all round massage
- Variable Speed: 20-30-40 Pulses/ Sec; Stroke: 0.24” (6.0 mm)
- Made in Canada - Two year manufacturer’s warranty
While this can offer you some benefits when you’re using it on your own, it also makes it a good choice as a professional massager. At only 2.6lb in weight, it’s a little lighter than some other massager options, making it easier to handle.
Unlike some handheld massagers, this Oster model only has one speed setting. However, it’s designed to deliver a quality massage. The action is strong to offer an effective massage to users, which also means that the hand holding it gets massaged at the same time.
To use it, strap the massager to the back of your hand for full control. The wires that go over your hand and your hand itself massage your skin for a closer experience.
The massager comes with a power cord to give you plenty of reach. It’s suitable for both home and professional use, helping you give an all-over massage. If you want to reach some places, such as your back, with this massager, you might find that you need help from someone else. While it’s good to use on yourself for places like your legs, the lack of a handle and the positioning of it under your hand mean that you have a shorter reach.
If you’re looking for more of a classic version of a handheld massager, this model has a cool retro look.
- Made of 100% ball bearing construction
- Traditional frame design with special frame contour to fit hand and reduce hand fatigue
- Chrome housing and rubber hand pad
- Heavy-duty, single speed
- Operates on 120 volts, 60 Hz, AC.
The powerful motor delivers a strong 3600 pulses per minute (60 pulses per second) using percussion technology. It has five interchangeable heads so you can get the massage experience that you want.
This is a fairly portable massager, allowing you to not only take it to different places but also to freely move about a room with it without having to plug it into an electrical outlet. The built-in battery frees you and lets you use it anywhere.
The five different massage heads include the round-ball and one-point heads, made from hard plastic for a deep massage. You also get a curved head, three-points head and 3-intensive head, each of them most effective for different body parts and different types of massage.
The massager has easy to use controls, with an on/off button, mode button and plus and minus buttons to control the intensity of the massaging action. With three strength modes and four speeds, as well as the different massage heads, you can get the massage experience that you want.
It features a long handle with an ergonomic design so that you can reach anywhere when using it yourself. This is a compact massager, measuring 15.55 x 4.72 x 5.5 inches and weighing less than 2lb.
- RENPHO Deep Tissue Massager Relieves Pains for Full Body: The percussion technology can help relax and relieve pains on feet, calf, shoulders, neck, back, muscle, arms, and legs. Best for your healthy life.
- Powerful Motor and Safety Design: Great motor with extremely powerful up to 3600 pulses per minute, could relieve pains effectively. After using 20 minutes, it will automatically stopped to prevent the massager from over heating.
- Portable and Flexibility: Hand held and Cordless design, you can bring it to home, office and anywhere. 5 interchangeable head-attachments, depending on your preference.
- Cordless & Rechargeable: The built-in rechargeable battery lasts for approximately a TOTAL of 140 minutes on a full charge! For safety, it can't use While charging.
- FDA Registered & FCC Certified. Great ideal gift for men, women, parents and friends. With 1 year warranty.
Handheld Massager Comparison Video
Here is a YouTube video two different handheld massagers:
There are many options to choose from if you’re looking for a handheld massager. These possibilities give you a range of choices for a quality massage.
Last Updated on