Top Hypoallergenic Deodorants Reviewed
Anyone with sensitive skin or allergies in general knows that finding the right hypoallergenic deodorant can be a challenge.
In many cases, they have to be extremely careful when it comes to choosing the right product for them, which makes sense, as the wrong product can cause rashes, irritation, or even debilitating pain.
All things considered, their caution is incredibly understandable and can help prevent running into the same issues over and over again with deodorants.
However, many people go too far to one extreme when shopping for a hypoallergenic deodorant and avoid all deodorants that might cause irritation, instead of homing in on what ingredients are proven to cause issues and avoiding those.
That’s why we’ve gone ahead and put together this list to help anyone with sensitive skin figure out which hypoallergenic deodorants work best for them and help them avoid the painful side effects of choosing the wrong deodorant.
Keep reading to find out what ingredients to avoid when choosing a hypoallergenic deodorant, and what ingredients to look for. But for those of you in a hurry, here are our favorites:
Best Hypoallergenic Deodorants
After combing through piles of competing products and reviewing both ingredients and owner feedback, here are our picks for the best hypoallergenic deodorants:
- BACK IN STOCK-- GET IT WHILE IT LASTS-- SOLD OUT 5 TIMES | ALUMINUM-FREE DEODORANT- Sweat is natural, aluminum on your bod is not. Unjunk your funk and say goodbye to nasty chemicals
- GOES ON CLEAR - our deodorant glides on smooth without leaving a sticky, white residue
- NATURALLY BASED AND MADE WITH ORGANIC COCONUT OIL- Our lightly coconut milk scented unique blend of coconut water, coconut oil, and sage oil conditions and soothes even the most sensitive underarms. It’s like skincare for your pits
- NON-TOXIC FORMULA- Our 100% plant based active works with your body’s natural functions to aid in odor reduction
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - Don’t sweat it. Try us risk-free. If you don’t love us, return within 60 days for a full refund
- ALUMINUM-FREE NATURAL DEODORANT; Our formula is safe, effective and keeps you fresh all day long
- ORGANIC INGREDIENTS; detox your body and nourish skin, reversing damage from chemicals
- LAVENDER EUCALYPTUS; Subtle scent, therapeutic grade native essential oils, no synthetic fragrance
- 2 YEARS IN DEVELOPMENT; Tested by hundreds so you can use our natural alternative with confidence
- 60 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE; If this isn't the best deodorant you've ever used, we'll refund you
- 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. We will refund you in full if you are not happy with Deodomom for any reason. Just send us an email - no need to return the product. **** Shipping Advisory**** DeodoMom is water-based and is rendered defective if frozen - please time your order accordingly.
- NO ALUMINUM or aluminum compounds (potassium alum, zirconium alum).
- SUITABLE FOR SENSITIVE SKINS and will not sting your underarms even right after shaving . Contains no irritating ingredients such as dyes, parabens, alcohol, propylene glycol, baking soda (sodium bicarbonate), beeswax. essential oils, palm oil, talc, triclosan, nanoparticle, gluten, BPA, or GMO.
- COMPLETELY UNSCENTED with zero fragrance. 100% VEGAN - no animal testing or animal byproducts.
- LASTS ALL DAY with only 1 application and 1 bottle is good for 3 months of typical use.
- ALUMINUM FREE: Contains 3 2.25 ounce sticks of aluminum free natural deodorant in Tea Tree scent; Toms deodorant promises 24 hour odor protection with all natural ingredients
- FIGHTS ODOR: Smell fresh all day with a blend of natural fragrances; This long lasting deodorant contains no artificial scents or preservatives
- NATURALLY DERIVED INGREDIENTS: Each morning trust that Toms deodorant keeps you feeling fresh throughout the day with 24 hour protection
- CERTIFIED B CORP: Tom's of Maine meets the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose
- GIVING FOR Goodness: We believe in giving back; Tom's of Maine donates 10 Percent of our profits to charities committed to children's health, education and the environment; Employees donate 5 Percent of paid time to causes they are passionate about in their communities; Thank you for supporting Tom's of Maine
- Clinical Strength gives you 2X better sweat protection* (*Vs. the protection required of an ordinary antiperspirant)
- Sweat and odor are no match for Clinical Strength 48 hours of prescription-strength odor control and wetness protection
- Soothe and protect your underarms with Secret Clinical Strength Deodorant and Antiperspirant Soft Solid, formulated with skin-soothing conditioners to minimize irritation and soothe dry, tender underarm skin
- Keep stress sweat in check with 4X the stress sweat protection* (*Vs. the protection required of an ordinary antiperspirant)
- FREE of Parabens. FREE of Dyes. Soothing aroma of lavender all day with the Night Treatment scent
- PURE. NATURAL. VEGAN. A clean formula without any nonsense: No Baking Soda. No Parabens. No Aluminum Chlorohydrate or Zirconium. GMO-Free. Phthalate-Free. Triclosan-Free. No synthetic preservatives. All ingredients rated by EWG.org.
- FEEL FRESH & PROTECTED. Effective deodorant without the stickiness. In the office, the gym, during a night out or on a long distance flight – this deodorant will not let you down.
- SCENTS FOR EVERY TASTE. 'Original Essence' blends fresh, floral and zesty tones, creating a unique, well balanced scent.
- HIGHEST QUALITY. At Bali Secrets we are committed to only creating and sharing products we ourselves LOVE. That’s why the ingredients for our deodorant grow organically under a warm tropical sun – in harmony with nature.
- MADE WITH LOVE IN BALI. The Island of Bali is known for its beauty and kind-hearted people. For generations, the Balinese have utilized their close relationship with nature to produce outstanding herbal remedies and natural skincare.
- EFFECTIVE MINERAL ODOR PROTECTION: The Original Mineral Deodorant, this powerful, one ingredient mineral stick eliminates and blocks odor before it starts without harmful or harsh chemicals offering long-lasting, natural mineral protection for up to 24 hours. With daily suggested use, can last over a year.
- NO STAINING: The aluminum salts used in deodorants can leave chalky marks on skin and clothing. Switch to CRYSTAL aluminum free deodorant for equal strength protection that leaves no residue, white marks or stains on your clothes.
- NON-STICKY: CRYSTAL Unscented Mineral active stick prevents body odor by creating an invisible protective barrier to block odor before it starts. It prevents odor safely for up to 24-hours and does not leave the skin feeling sticky or oily.
- SAFER: Our mineral stick deodorant is vegan, dermatologist tested, cruelty-free, made without aluminum chloride, chlorohydrate/zirconium, parabens, phthalates, and artificial fragrances and colors.
- THE CLEAN LABEL PROJECT PURITY AWARD WINNER: At CRYSTAL we not only comply with, but surpass the strictest parameters for contaminant, chemicals and other unnecessary toxic additives. The Clean Label Project Purity award shows that our deodorants are the highest rated for product purity. So, whether for yourself or family, can you trust CRYSTAL because it's safe and it works.
- NATURAL ALUMINUM FREE DEODORANT; Our formula is safe, effective and keeps you fresh all day long
- ORGANIC INGREDIENTS; detox your body and nourish skin, reversing damage from chemicals
- UNSCENTED; perfect for those sensitive to fragrances
- 2 YEARS IN DEVELOPMENT; Tested by thousands so you can use our natural alternative with confidence
- 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE; If this isn't the best deodorant you've ever used, we'll refund you
- Free of dyes, fragrance, masking fragrance, lanolin, parabens, formaldehyde, formaldehyde releasers, and other preservatives.
- Clinical strength. 24 hour extra effective protection.
- Ethanol-free. Gluten-free. No botanical extracts.
- Dermatologist tested.
- ALUMINUM & BAKING SODA FREE: Our Activated Charcoal Natural Deodorant Cream is a baking soda- and aluminum-free deodorant for women and men, and is an ideal natural deodorant for sensitive skin.
- 24-HOUR FORMULA: Eliminate underarm odor for 24 or more hours. Our organic deodorant’s essential oil blend keeps you fresh all day long.
- NATURAL & ORGANIC: Our certified cruelty-free and GMO-free organic deodorant is formulated with 100% natural ingredients and Activated Charcoal with no gluten, parabens or synthetic fragrances.
- EASY TO APPLY: Our natural deodorant paste has a silky-smooth texture and glide. Each jar of Little Seed Farm deodorant comes with a free wooden scoop stick, and you can apply with your finger or one of our Bamboo Applicators (sold separately).
- OUR FARM TO YOUR HOME: Deodorants, soaps and skincare products that are good for your body and good for the earth. Our all natural deodorants are handcrafted on our sustainable family farm in Lebanon, Tennessee.
- Packaging may Vary
- Contains Arm & Hammer baking soda and natural plant extracts to absorb and fight odor
- Natural protection
- Aluminum free
- Paraben free
- Clinical Strength Deodorant and Antiperspirant gives you 2X better sweat protection* (*Vs. the protection required of an ordinary antiperspirant)
- Sweat and odor are no match for Clinical Strength 48 hours of prescription-strength odor control and wetness protection
- Start dry and stay dry with this invisible solid that goes on dry with a smooth, even application;Sulfate-free, fluoride-free
- Keep stress sweat in check with 4X the stress-sweat protection* (*Vs. the wetness protection of an ordinary antiperspirant)
- All Natural Deodorant With Magnesium | Aluminum Free Deodorant For Women & Men
- Smell Good Naturally: neutralize odor, reduce stress & nourish the skin
- 100% Natural Ingredients: almond oil, beeswax, magnesium oxide & therapeutic grade essential oils
- Smooth gliding formula, no baking soda! Made in the USA
- Free of: Aluminum, Baking Soda, Triclosan, Paraben, Phthalate
- For Sensitive Skin,Outstanding Protection
- Provides all day wetness protection for sensitive skin
- Contains the maximum level of active ingredient
- Quick-drying formula
- Dermatologist and allergy tested
- Pack of 6- 2.6 ounce each (total of 15.6 ounces)
- Maximum strength protection
- Fragrance free
- Fits any lifestyle, while giving you defense against perspiration
- Ultramax deodorant antiperspirant invisible solid wide stick
- Contains 10,000 odor fighting molecules
- Provides prescription strength wetness protection equivalent to a 6.25% aluminum chloride Rx product
- Helps eliminate odor versus just covering it up
- Clear Gel gives you 48-hour protection that goes on clear
- Cool Wave Scent - stay fresh and clean with this crisp scent
- Reduces underarm wetness
- Dermatologist Tested
- Smooth, dry application
- Leaves skin feeling soft
- Clinical Strength, Ethanol-free, Gluten-free
- DON’T SWEAT IT - If the mere thought of swapping out your go-to antiperspirant for an all natural deodorant version makes you sweat, you can rest assured. After testing thousands of ingredients, this formula was designed to keep you smelling fresh for hours with ingredients to stop sweat and bacteria in their tracks - so there’s never a need to worry about smelling sour after going green.
- GLIDES ON SMOOTHLY without feeling dry, gloppy, or gritty. The first thing you’ll notice is how it feels light and fresh under your arms, and also provides you with effective protection against odor and wetness. After you try this deodorant, the hardest decision you’ll have to make is which delicious scent is your favorite.
- 24 HOUR PROTECTION with this natural deodorant. If you’re searching for the perfect aluminum free deodorant for women or a natural men’s deodorant, your search can end here. The first time you apply it, you’ll enjoy the confidence that comes with knowing you'll be safe from embarrassing body odor.
- MADE WITH CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENTS - Deodorant is not a science experiment. That’s why ours is FREE of toxic petrochemicals, parabens, phthalates, and preservatives. It’s aluminum free too, so you’ll never have to worry about it staining your favorite shirt.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - Try us risk-free. If you don't love how our all natural deodorant works, feels or smells - we'll give you a full refund. It’s super simple with no questions asked.
- FRESH & CLEAN SCENT: Clean and crisp with cedar and vanilla.
- FUELED BY RICH BOTANICALS: Energizing matcha and moisture-wicking arrowroot powder.
- 100% GUARANTEED: If you don't love it, just contact us within 30 days of purchase for a full refund.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN & LONG-LASTING: Feel fresh all day long with this invisible solid deodorant stick. Goes on clear and leaves no stains or marks. Keeps your body cool, and motion activated odor blocking technology leaves you smelling great.
- BETTER FORMULA: Made without aluminum or parabens. Dermatologist-tested, non-irritating, pH balanced.
- NATURAL AND ORGANIC INGREDIENTS! If you've been looking for a strong natural deodorant that works all day, then your search is over! Our deodorant is made with only the best odor fighting ingredients nature has to offer - Pure and Simple
- TRUSTED! Our underarm deodorant is great for sensitive skin - Aluminum, baking soda, paraben, phthalate, and cruelty free
- FRESH! Our super powered magnesium deodorant has a subtle lavender and tea tree scent that keeps your body smelling great all day
- NO SYNTHETIC FRAGRANCES! This natural deodorant for women, men, and kids is made with natural ingredients and therapeutic grade essential oils - NO chemicals
- MADE IN THE USA! Our aluminum free deodorant for women and men is proudly made in the USA using only the best ingredients
- Made without : Aluminum Chloride/Chlorohydrate/ Zirconium, Parabens, Phthalates, Silicones, Petrolatum, Artificial Dyes or Artificial Fragrances
- Won't leave skin feeling sticky or oily
- Prevents odor safely for up to 24 hours and Free of harmful forms of aluminum
- No residue, no staining, no white marks
- Dermatologist tested - Cruelty Free - No Animal Testing - Vegan
- ALL NATURAL DEODORANT: No Aluminum, no baking soda, and paraben free.
- GREAT DEODORANT FOR SENSITIVE SKIN: Made with 5 clean, recognizable ingredients (plus essential oils).
- NO ANIMAL TESTING: All of our animal safe deodorants are PETA certified and cruelty free.
- SAFE: Scored an Environmental Working Group (EWG) rating of 1, meaning our lavender lemon deodorant is assured to be safe for application.
- WORRY FREE: Long lasting deodorant with natural protection gives you peace of mind and protection from day to night.
- Provides all day wetness protection for sensitive skin.
- Contains the maximum level of active ingredient.
- Quick-drying formula.
- Dermatologist and allergy tested.
- HOW DOES IT FEEL WHEN APPLYING? We’ve balanced our formula to ensure it applies smoothly (not as dry as other natural deodorants) but won’t go on wet or stain your clothes.
- DOES IT LAST ALL DAY? You’ll feel confident all day with our odor-fighting formula. We make natural deodorants for many other brands and we’re confident ours is the best. And our whole team wears it in the heat of our hometown, Austin!
- HOW DOES IT SMELL? We were born out of a fragrance company and made sure our deodorants all smell amazing. Cypress Breeze has notes of aloe, cypress, and green tea.
- WILL IT MAKE MY SKIN IRRITATED OR RED? We’ve reduced the baking soda in our Performance line (versus other natural deodorants), which some people find causes redness or a rash. However, we also offer a Baking Soda Free line of deodorants (available on Amazon). Start with this line if: 1) You are allergic to baking soda, have very sensitive skin, or have experienced irritation or discoloration from natural deodorants in the past. 2) If you like the smoothest possible glide-on application.
- ANY TIPS ON SWITCHING TO A NATURAL DEODORANT? If you are switching to natural from standard commercial brands, please do not over-apply as this could lead to irritation. In addition, it might take time for your body to flush out the toxins that were trapped by the aluminum. Some call this the “detox period” and you may experience malodor while going through it. It’s temporary, so stick it out and reapply frequently. In the end, it will be worth it.
- We’re On a Mission to Change the Way You Think About Natural.
- Schmidt's award-winning formulas help neutralize odor and keep you fresh, naturally.
- Free of aluminum, propylene glycol, parabens, phthalates, and artificial fragrance, our plant and mineral-derived formulas are certified vegan and cruelty-free.
- Formulated specifically for those seeking effective and natural protection that is especially gentle on skin, our sensitive skin formula prioritizes a smooth, creamy consistency. This gentler formula, made without baking soda, utilizes natural magnesium to neutralize odor for sensitive skin and is topped off with essential oils that are renowned for their skin-soothing and anti-inflammatory qualities.
- The famously calming, camphorous scent of Tea Tree is relaxing and grounding.
Deodorant Ingredients To Avoid
While we’ve offered some of the best hypoallergenic products on the market above, we know some people like to know why these deodorants are better for your body than the chemical-filled alternatives. Here is a list of the ingredients to avoid when picking your next deodorant.
Despite being confusing to spell, aluminum is usually well tolerated by most people, but can be a potential irritant hiding in antiperspirant deodorants. This can be a real issue, as the aluminum is what helps block your sweat ducts to keep you from sweating. If you suspect you have an aluminum sensitivity, it might be a good idea to avoid antiperspirants, or look for antiperspirants that contain Aluminum Sesquichlorohydrate, a milder form of aluminum that is less likely to cause a reaction.
In general, fragrances are one of the main irritants for people with sensitive skin, which makes it incredibly important to ensure the product you chose contains a natural fragrance or no fragrance at all. While some people are still irritated by natural fragrance, that number is much lower than those who are irritated by artificial fragrances. As with any product, it’s important to do a test to make sure you don’t have a reaction, especially for natural fragrances.
However, even with natural fragrances, it’s best to avoid antiperspirant/deodorant combinations, as they usually contain artificial fragrances and aluminum, making them a double no for sensitive skin.
Alcohol is one of those ingredients that you should avoid in all your body care products, as alcohol can severely dry on the skin can cause irritation. Unfortunately, alcohol can be found in most products on the market today, making it incredibly important to double check your ingredients.
Antiperspirants are again the culprit when it comes to hiding alcohol, as it is used to transfer the aluminum to the skin, but it can also be found in things like spray on deodorants, roll-ons, and even gels. That’s why the golden rule of shopping for hypoallergenic products is to closely read the label to ensure there are no irritants hiding in your product. If the label has confusing wording or doesn’t directly state what’s inside, you can always do an online search to get more information on the product, and find reviews from like-minded customers who have already done the legwork for you.
Once a major ingredient in almost every cosmetic product on the market, this preservative causes skin irritation in people even without a prior history of irritation. That means it’s best to avoid these ingredients at all costs, including anything with the suffix paraben, like propylparaben or methylparaben.
This is another product that’s widely used in antiperspirants to deliver the aluminum to your skin, and to penetrate into the skin, which explains why it can be a major irritant to people with sensitive skin. Due to its petroleum nature and low-cost, this pesky chemical finds its way into plenty of deodorants.
However, propylene glycol has been found to cause a wide range of health issues, not to mention skin sensitivity. It can even increase the chances of someone developing a skin sensitivity with no prior history. Which makes this product one that’s best avoided.
This ingredient is another two-for-one combo of skin sensitivity issues and other health problems. Unfortunately, this ingredient usually gets buried in deodorant labels and listed under the blanket term “fragrance.” Surprisingly enough, this ingredient isn’t technically used for fragrance. Instead, it dissolves artificial fragrances. If you see this on the label of your deodorant, or the term “artificial fragrances,” it’s best to avoid that product. Instead, looking for products that specifically mention they don’t contain phthalates. We promise they’re out there!
Of course, this is not an exhaustive list of chemicals to avoid when looking for a deodorant, as it’s always best to find out what specific ingredients cause your skin sensitivity to flare up and add those to the list of ones to avoid.
Deodorant Ingredients to Look For
We know we just went through and listed a ton of ingredients to avoid, but thankfully there are plenty of ingredients that are actually beneficial for skin sensitivity. So here are some of the magical ingredients that can make or break a skin-sensitive deodorant.
Cornstarch and Baking Soda
No, we’re not baking cupcakes. These ingredients not only replace aluminum as an antiperspirant, but they come with none of the downsides of the more irritating ingredients in antiperspirants. And they’re less likely to cause issues for you body. It’s a win-win!
Tea Tree Oil
While large quantities of tea tree oil can cause some sensitivity in people, it is a go-to ingredient to kill bacteria, which is the number one cause of under arm odor. Again, this ingredient is not guaranteed to be hypoallergenic, so it’s best to test it out before using it. However, for most people this is a sensitivity skin-friendly option.
Green Tea Extract
Not only does this ingredient help reduce body odor, it’s also generally safe to use almost anywhere on the body (externally, of course). In general, it’s well tolerated by people with sensitive skin, making it a great option for gentle odor control that works all day long.
If you have sensitive skin, here is a good YouTube video outlining some additional hypoallergenic products that may be of interest:
Before shopping for the right deodorant for you, it’s best to keep in mind what is best for your body in particular, instead of what should generally work for you. Just because the ingredients listed are less likely to cause issues, doesn’t mean they’re guaranteed to work for your body’s unique chemistry, which is why it’s best to double check any deodorant you invest in and make sure there’s nothing in the ingredient list that could cause issues for you. But once you find a hypoallergenic deodorant that leaves you smelling and feeling great, we guarantee it will be worth all that label reading effort.
Last Updated on