Top UV Nail Lamps Reviewed
As sturdy as gel nail polish can look and as hard-wearing and impenetrable as it is, it needs to be cured in order to harden.
For that reason, you need a good UV or LED nail lamp. The UV lamp applies the direct heat needed to finalize those perfect nails.
In this review we’re going to look at some of the top UV nail lamp products on the market, as well as LED nail lamp products, helping you find the best of the best.
We’re also going to take a look at how you choose between them, features and details to look for, and how to get the best nail curing experience possible.
We go over each of the lamps in our buying guide below, but for those in a hurry here are the units we covered:
What You Should Look For In A UV Nail Lamp
Ask a hundred different nail salon owners what kind of nail lamp you should get, and you will get a hundred different answers. However, whether you choose LED or UV, and which particular nail lamp you should get depends on a few different factors:
- The type of polish you’re using: Different gels use different types of lights for curing. Some brands can only be cured using UV, while others can only be cured with LED. It’s best to check your brand and see which is needed. The best of the best, however, including all reviewed here, provide both UV and LED sources of light.
- The cure time: A nail dryer is supposed to reduce the time you wait for your nails to cure, so you don’t want to be waiting forever. In general, the higher the wattage, the shorter the cure time. UV lamps below 20W and LED lamps below 12W won’t give you good cure times.
- The convenience: The size, the portability, the handles, how many hands (or feet) you can accommodate per use, will all make a product more convenient. Bigger lamps might be able to cure two hands at once, for instance, but they will be harder to carry around.
Take all those factors into account while reading the reviews below. You might end up arriving a different conclusion than we do based on your own preferences and needs. However, with that out of the way, it’s time to look at the selections we’ve found for the potential best UV light for nails.
Best UV Nail Lamps
While there are a lot of different ultra violet nail drying lamps on the market, not all are created equal. After comparing features and user feedback, these are our picks for the best UV nail lamps:
Suitable for curing all kinds of gel polishes, with 42 gel bulbs that ensure quick curing, the LuxeUp has a nice, portable design with a convenient handle situated right on top. Providing a whopping 80 watts of power, it’s one of the most powerful products we’re looking at, meaning that cure times are much shorter. Furthermore, it comes with a bunch of handy extras like nail filters, cuticle pushers, and gel remover clips.
The time settings and motion sensors make it a lot easier for setting and forgetting, or for using it by yourself instead of having someone else operate the machine for you. The high wattage and great spread of 42 bulbs ensures an even, clean, professional cure across the board. It’s perfectly sized for both hands and feet, simply place your nails beneath the lights, set a time, a wattage, and let it get to work.
Simple, clean, easy to carry, easy to use, and light, it makes for both a great home use tool and a professional nail dryer. The sleek, white curved design is a nice plus, as well. Great value for how convenient it is.
- 42 LED BULBS: This LuxeUp lamp unlike other nail lights, has 42 LED Bulbs that assure instantly dry perfection.
- FOR ALL GEL POLISHES: UV gel, builder gel, sculpture gel, rhinestone gems glue, CND Shellac, OPI, our lamp can cure them all!
- NAIL CARE SET INCLUDED: Premium Nail Care Set that comes with a nail file, cuticle pusher and gel remover clips
- 80 WATTS: This lamp is PURE POWER! There is not any other lamp with 80 watts in the market.
- PROFESSIONAL UPGRADE DESIGN: Upgraded ergonomic design and technology. This a last generation nail lamp!
While a good deal less powerful than the LuxeUp nail dryer, this highly durable, incredibly cute SUNUV LED Nail has enough power to work with both UV and LED dried nails and a minimalist design that’s easy to love. The 18 LEDs and 24W will mean that nails might take a little longer to cure fully, but the simplicity of the single button settings make it incredibly easy to use.
It works well for all gel polishes, UV or LED, with an automatic sensor that heats up the bulbs as soon as you slide your hand or foot under. It has no bottom, so there’s no strain on your wrist or foot, you simply put it on the surface beneath and it gets to work, making it very comfortable and highly ergonomic. It’s a highly resilient little machine, as well, living up to its advertised 50000 hours lifetime and providing clean, hard-wearing gel nails without fail.
The 12-month warranty that comes with this product is another big benefit. It offers a free replacement if there are malfunctions, regardless of the cause which, added to its affordable price, adds a lot of value.
- 1.ALL-IN-ONE BEST QUALITY SUPERIOR NAIL DRYER: With new professional designed UV+LED dual light source, SUNUV SUN9C nail dryer is applicable to curing almost all nail gels! Its light is closer to white light, has no harm to eyes and skin. Fashionable and durable 50000hrs lifetime, ideal for both home and salon use. This is a nail dryer can help you to solve almost all the curing problem!
- 2.PROFESSIONAL AND CURING ALMOST ALL NAIL GELS: LED gels, UV gels, including Hard Gels, buildings, sculpture gel, gem glue etc..No brand requirements though. Easy to use, just plug in and you are ready to go!
- 3.HIGH QUALITY ASSURANCE AND WHAT YOU GET: SUNUV SUN9C nail dryer provides Friendly Customer Service at any times. If there is any issues, please feel free to reach us directly. Customer satisfaction is our first target.
- 4.FAST AND COMFORTABLE: It is low wattage but quick-drying which can shorten your curing time by 50% or overheat than others dryers. Quick and quiet, NO NEED ANY FANS!
- 5.MUTIFUNCTIONAL AND AJUSTABLE: For curing fingernail or toenail and with automatic sensor for curing 99s or 2 timing setting 30s/60s. Let’s enjoy nail art at anytime and anywhere!
Somewhere in between the SUNUV and LuxeUp when it comes to power, this 54W, 36 bulb powered nail dryer offers plenty of power to ensure a quick, professional cure for your gels. While it might look a little more complex in controls, the four buttons clearly detail the different timing, heat mode, and double power options available, while a nice visible timer makes sure that you see how long it has to complete the process.
Some nail dryers can be a little uncomfortable, given how quickly they heat up, so if that’s a problem for you, you might love the 99 second painless mode that more gradually activates the bulbs. It might take a little longer, but it’s a good trade off for those with more delicate nails. The reflective panel on the bottom isn’t too uncomfortable, but it can be removed for a much more comfortable toenail curing experience, as well.
As with the others we have reviewed, it’s light, easy to carry around, and has a motion sensor activation to take the complexity out of drying your nails. It might not cure as quickly as the LuxeUp, so multiple turns beneath the lamps might be necessary, but for home use, it works just fine.
- 【NEW UPDATE NAIL LAMP】With 36pcs UV/LED beads and high power for professionl nails curing, each led smd includes 2 kinds of wavelength 365nm and 405nm, a new advanced technology covers a wider range of ultraviolet band, suitable and guaranteed for drying UV led nail gel,nail builder gel,nail sculpture gel,gelish nail polish, great uv light for gel nails.
- 【LED UV NAIL DRYER】Curing all kinds of UV LED Gels or Nail Polish, portable and very easy using, so you can do manicure/ Nail DIY with anythime and anywhere,no more salon,no more cost. This nail lamp must be a perfect gift for woman and girls!
- 【CONVENIENCE LED NAIL LAMP】Detachable Magnetic Reflective Panel,make it more convenient for pedicure,easy to use easy to clean. Curing nails/fingers nice and perfect.
- 【PRO UV LIGHT FOR GEL NAILS】With 4 timer seting buttons(10s 30s 60s 99s) and 2 in 1 button (99s lowheat/double power). Professional PU Martial to keep it using safe and happy, suitable temperature and soft light give you an excellent experience.Nice looking greatful using, you can have a try.
- 【IR UV NAIL LAMP】With ON/OFF Automaticlly, IR Auto-sensor, Hand/foot in, lights on; hand/foot out, lights off. Smart led gel nail lamp design for gel nal polish,with well looking shape great quailty, does a great idea for gifts.
In joint place with the LuxeUp nail dryer in having the most power, provided by the most LED bulbs, this UV nail lamp guarantees a cure as quick as you’ll find in most professional salons. It also shares the feature that we like a lot of having a handle at the top, so that it’s even easier to carry around. While both the Wisdompark and SUNUV are light (and quite cute), we find this handle makes a difference to just how convenient the lamp is.
It also brings over the easy-to-understand and clearly labelled button setup of the Wisdompark, so setting your time is super easy depending on which type of gel nail you’re curing. Furthermore, it also has that comfortable 99 second low heat mode that takes a little longer but heats the lamps up more gradually so that users with more sensitive nails can use it with peace of mind.
Despite being a match in power, the SUNNAIL tends to come in a little cheaper than the LuxeUp, as well. However, it is a touch smaller so, while it should fit most people, those with slightly larger feet might find it a touch uncomfortable. The bottom portion is removable to offer some extra space, but it also tends to remove itself from time to time so just make sure you pick it back up.
A spacious, double-duty UV and LED nail dryer that can cure all kinds of gels, this 32-bulb powered, 72W lamp comes in second place for both coverage and power behind the SUNNAIL and LuxeUp. It has a super modern spherical design with a black and white motif that’s a stylish fit for any salon. The size means that it can easily fit hands and feet, but also makes it a touch more of a hassle to transport.
It has all the features you would hope for, including timer settings, painless low heat modes, and comes with over-temperature protection to ensure it never gets too hot. One of the small features that we like a lot is the comfortable ramp of the device, making it much easier on your wrists and feet once you slip them beneath.
In terms of curing power, you’re not going to find it lacking either, offering a much quicker dry time than some of the lower powered models. The fact that it memorizes your past drying settings also means that it’s great for quickly curing gel types that you’ve used before.
- 【72 watt High Power, 2X Faster Drying】This 72 watt professional uv nail lamp can curing all gel 2x faster than other LED nail lamps on market, Save you tons of time and money while got salon quality nail art.
- 【Professional Nail Lamp, Curing All Types of Gel Nail Polish】This UV LED nail light works well with all gel polish. LED gels, UV gels, including hard gels, buildings, sculpture gel, gem glue etc. All top coat and base coat for gel polish.
- 【Big Body Design, Evenly Curing 5 Fingers at Once】 YaFex salon quality gel nail dryer have very big body with large space and 180 degree multi-angle light beads, Drying 5 fingernails or toenails evenly in at once. NOT curing thumb separately anymore.
- 【4 Timer Setting & Auto Sensor & Smart Time Memory】Auto-sensor for on/off (no switch). Hands in, turns light on. Hands out, turns light off. 4 timer setting: 10s/30s/60s/120s for your selection according to your DIY needs and your different nail polishes types, Smart over temperature protection prevent overheated.
- NO-RISK PURCHASE! ❤ YaFex LED UV Nail Lamp offer our customers a 2-year 100% Money Back and Replacement Guarantee. If your nail light has any quality issues, just contact us (email@example.com).
Using UV Nail Drying Lamps
If you’ve never used a nail lamp before, here is a good YouTube video demonstrating the process:
Last Updated on