A swimming pool can be an excellent addition to your home, for many reasons.
There are plenty of options to choose from and so many benefits that come with ownership. Naturally, you will also have a fair few things to consider before you decide to buy one.
But, if this is something that’s on your mind, then the following information will help you out.
Why Buy A Pool?
Why might you want a swimming pool in your home? Well, swimming is proven to be one of the best forms of exercise out there. It’s easy on your joints, helps improve your cardiovascular health, and improves muscle tone. So, if you’re looking for a new way to stay fit and healthy, then getting a pool can be a great option.
What’s more, you can add additional features to a pool – such as a jacuzzi – which gives you even more health benefits through the use of hydrotherapy. But if adding a jacuzzi to your pool is beyond your budget, a portable hot tub can give you many of the same features for much less money. All in all, a pool is a great place to relax so it can be useful if you want to de-stress after a long day of work.
What Types Of Pool Are Available?
Pools come in all shapes and sizes, with certain ones being better for you than others. Of course, your decision will be based on numerous factors, which we’ll cover in just a few moments. For now, take a look at the types of pool you can buy for your home:
- Above-ground pool: the most common type of swimming pool thanks to a reasonable price tag. These pools have structures built above ground, which often means they’re not as large as some other types. The best above ground pools are perfect for a spot of relaxation, and can often be made with whirlpool features to create the hot tub effect.
- In-ground pool: these pools are built into the ground outside your home, and they can be customised to suit the design of your property. As such, they can often be very large, allowing you to swim and do exercise. Typically, any indoor pool is an in-ground pool as they can save space.
- Endless Pools: this is the brand name for a fascinating type of pool. Essentially, you have something that can fit in or above-ground, has hydrotherapy seats for relaxation, and comes with additional exercise features. They’re not large, but they use a jetted system that provides an underwater current, meaning you can swim for as long as you like, without actually moving forwards. You can even get underwater treadmills as part of the package, making this the ultimate fitness and wellness pool.
- Plunge pools: a much smaller type of pool designed for health benefits. Here, you have a pool filled with cold water that you dip into and stay for a few minutes. It helps numb any muscle soreness and is a great form of cold therapy to get rid of pain.
You will find other varieties out there, but we believe these are the most significant ones to be aware of.
Considerations For Owning A Pool
Clearly, there are some crucial things to consider before buying a pool. The first of which is how much you can afford to pay. Work out your budget, then find a pool that fits it. This may rule out some of the more expensive options like customisable in-ground pools.
Another critical thing to think about is the amount of space you have in your home. For many, they need an outdoor pool because there isn’t much room inside. But, if you’re restricted on outdoor space, then you can’t get a large pool. So, if you want your pool for exercise, it can be better to get an Endless Pool as they’re compact but still allow you to swim.
Finally, don’t forget about pool maintenance! You have to clean your pool and treat the water, so it stays in perfect condition – which is something to bear in mind. It’s a pretty substantial commitment, so make sure you’re ready for it before diving into pool ownership.
The Health Benefits Of Owning A Swimming Pool
Having a pool in your home will benefit you in so many positive ways. If you get one, expect to witness the following:
- Improved fitness through swimming and underwater exercise
- Improved joint health by working out without putting pressure on your joints
- Pain relief from chronic back, neck, hip, and shoulder pain
- Stress relief
- Reduced blood pressure thanks to relaxation
While these things are all extremely positive, the main benefit is that you get to experience all of them without leaving your home. There’s no need to travel to your local leisure centre or spa; you’ve got everything you need for improved wellness at home!