If you’re looking for somewhere to relax, then look no further than a quality spa.
Spas have been around for centuries, and they offer you the chance to let your hair down and escape from your busy life for a couple of days. There are lots of different types of spa available, many of which offer specific treatments as part of the package.
One thing’s for sure, you will leave feeling refreshed and recharged!
Why Visit A Spa?
A spa is the perfect place to go if you want to unwind and melt away some stress. It’s a peaceful and tranquil environment that’s free from the usual chaos and noise that you experience daily. If you suffer from stress or chronic pain, then a spa is a great place to treat these issues and provide the ultimate relaxation space.
Spas are great for weekends away with a loved one, or as a gift to someone you care about. You can attend one for just a few hours if you wish, or book yourself in for a full few days of treatment. It’s entirely up to you, but you’re guaranteed to have a relaxing time during your visit.
Different Types Of Spa Available
You will find a plethora of different spas at your disposal that all offer unique services tailored to suit specific needs. These include the following:
- Day Spas: here, you get all the traditional treatments like massages and body scrubs, but there’s no overnight accommodation provided.
- Spa Hotels: similar to a day spa in the range of treatments on offer, but the main difference is that accommodation is included so you can stay for numerous days.
- Thermal Spa: an extremely popular spa type where the spa is usually built on a natural thermal spring to provide heated pool areas to help you relax. Traditional treatments are available, along with thermal-specific ones such as hot stone massages.
- Wellness Spa: a type that’s growing in popularity as of late. The purpose of this spa is to provide you with treatments and services that are geared towards improving your health & wellness. You tend to stay for a few nights, and fitness regimes and healthy meals are provided.
- Relaxation/Pampering Spa: the ultimate place to relax and get rid of all the tension built up in your body. Massages are on the menu, along with things like hydrotherapy, body scrubs, essential oil treatments, and facials. The sole aim is to get pampered and experience pure relaxation.
- Ayurvedic Spa: a traditional spa that originates from India, and is widely considered the oldest health practice there ever was. Here, the services are designed to help improve your wellness by boosting your immune system and preventing the signs of ageing. They include services tailored to your unique needs, and there tends to be a lot of yoga, accupressure, and relaxation exercises involved as well.
There are other spas out there too, including home spa options (see our review of the best foot spas, best facial cleansing brush, and best callus removers for examples), but these are the most common and widely used. The best thing to do is think about your specific needs, then head to a spa that suits them!
What To Expect At A Spa
While each spa can be different, they all follow relatively similar processes. When you book yourself in, you have the choice to book additional services and treatments. This includes a variety of massages, skin treatments, body wraps/scrubs, wax hair removal, anti-aging treatments, and much more. Again, think about what you hope to get from the spa, then book services that suit your needs!
Massages are excellent for anyone suffering from stress or chronic pain as they help relax your body and melt away the tension. Devices you use at home – such as neck and back massagers, head massage helmets, foot massagers, and handheld massagers – can provide excellent relaxation and relief. But most of them cannot compare to a professional spa massage. If you want to feel pampered or get treatment for any skin problems, then the beauty services – like face masks or body scrubs – will benefit you. Many also have professional nail stylists and nail drills for giving manicures and pedicures.
When you arrive at the spa, you will be sent to the changing rooms where you can slip into something more comfortable and suitable. Then, you’re allowed to wander around and make use of a variety of different pools, etc. Most spas have hot tubs that you can relax in, saunas for you to try out, and plenty of other pools that you can chill in or go for a swim. There will also be lots of chairs for you to lounge on if you just want to sit back and relax. If you’ve booked a specific treatment, then wait until your time slot and then go to wherever the treatments are held.
The Benefits Of Spas
Going to a spa can present a range of health and wellness benefits to you. This includes:
- Reduced stress
- Improved mental wellbeing
- Improved health
- Reduction of chronic pain
- Increased happiness
- Recharge your batteries
To put it simply; you will leave a spa feeling like an entirely new person, and all your previous issues will be in the past. If you like the sound of this, then book yourself in for a spa treatment today.